Senior Account Executive
TPN November 2013 – Present | New York, NY
Senior Account Executive March 2015 – Present
Account Executive Nov. 2013 – Feb. 2015
Icelandic Provisions® Skyr & NatureSweet® Tomatoes (Present)
- Recommend and manage execution of Icelandic Provisions shopper marketing activity across 31 (and growing) retailers, measuring a 30% increase in sales and 200%+ increase in retailer distribution from 2016-2017.
- Manage $1MM+ retailer marketing and trade budget on behalf of the client, strategically planning against client objectives as well as retailer and shopper insights to craft impactful activation plans by retailer that drive distribution and sales
- Conduct retailer-specific research to inform and craft sell-in materials and strategic marketing recommendations to drive distribution within new retailers. Distribution jumped from presence in 10 retailers to 31 in one year
- Drive sales velocities in new and existing retailers through execution of sampling programs, which have seen sales lifts of up to 400% across demo stores, and shopper-focused digital activations via retailer loyalty programs and national rebate platforms like Ibotta, which alone saw over 11MM impressions and 53K cups moved over 12 weeks
- Grew NatureSweet Tomatoes partnership with TPN by a projected 320% in revenue YOY, expanding agency work from solely in-store POS development to full 360° shopper campaign development and execution inclusive of in-store POS, digital banners and partnerships, social content and buys, and sweepstakes development and execution. Projected billing takes NatureSweet from a $200k business for TPN in 2016 to just under $1MM for 2017.
- Designed operations and processes for a new agency team to oversee clients in the CPG food space, inclusive of NatureSweet® Tomatoes, Icelandic Provisions® Skyr, Wholesome! Organic Sweeteners, Boars Head and DSM Fish Oil. Lead day-to-day project work and develop strong relationships with 9 key client stakeholders. Responsible for managing account scopes and finances and identifying business growth opportunities across clients.
Diageo – Smirnoff Global (2015-2016)
- Pitched, won and managed the development of a creative toolkit in support of a 2017 product innovation launch. Toolkit presented an omnichannel rollout strategy with disruptive POS, digital touch points, and event activations to drive advocacy from within Diageo and the Industry, and to engage and recruit consumers at bars and retail outlets across the country.
- Reshaped the role of the Smirnoff Global team in launching Smirnoff within developing and emerging markets by implementing research, tools, processes and creative toolkits to ensure both global consistency and market flexibility in all business and communication efforts. Instated global and local Diageo team workshops, and supported the initial workshops in Mexico and Nigeria.
Comcast® – XFINITY® (2013-2015)
- Led development, production and execution of print POS, digital video and animation, digital signage, and iPad content for XFINITY stores, large-scale retailers, online retailers, call centers, and pop-up retail experiences across the U.S.
- Executed over 40 national campaigns across 2 years, and re-created the visual identity and voice for retail stores, contributing to a reported increase in brand affinity by customers who visited an XFINITY store.
- Ideated and implemented In-store promotions inclusive of disruptive print POS, full-store digital screen content take-over, mobile photo experience, and in-store sweepstakes. Drove up to 290% foot traffic lift in stores where event activations were executed as part of XFINITY’s sponsorship of Taylor Swift’s The 1989 World Tour, and a lift in sales and upgrades during the Holiday season through a Black Friday in-store sweepstakes that encouraged increased in-store product demos and more than doubled customer discovery of XFINITY’s premium X1 product within retail.
mcgarrybowen August 2012 – November 2013 | New York, NY
Assistant Account Executive – Social Media
- Led day-to-day client relationship and the development of editorial and visual content for United’s social media channels. Developed and managed social campaigns, sweepstakes, Tweet Chats, digital banners, infographics and content for United’s travel blog, and created insight reporting for optimization
- Introduced United’s first consistent social visual identity and brand voice across its owned channels, drove social engagement through strategic cadence and paid opportunities on Facebook and Twitter, and partnered to optimize daily publishing and measurement through research and implementation of new tools and processes
- Assisted with the production of print, OOH, TV, and radio executions for United’s 2012 Olympics campaign
The University of Georgia, Honors Program, Summa Cum Laude
B.A.: Journalism – Advertising, Henry W. Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication
Top 10% of Grady Graduating Class