Are you a total A-player ghostwriter who is looking for an incredible opportunity to do more of what you love and be a good human being along the way? Awesome. This might be a fit for you.
We’re the world’s leading educators in global team building. And we’re looking for a funny kick-ass-ghostwriter to help us build online course material that doesn’t suck. (Sadly, a lot of what is out there is either a) mind-numbingly boring, b) exhaustingly wordy, or both!) But we’re here to end that. And with your help, we’ll create content that’s fun, inspiring, and fascinating.
In our experience working with writers, there’s great ghostwriters, and there’s great comedy writers. But often, they are not the same person! And that’s ok. We’re prioritizing finding a TOTAL rockstar ghostwriter with a fun tone, but obviously, if you don’t ask the Universe for what you want, you can’t get it. So Universe, consider this your official warning: if both are available in one person, please bring them to this job posting. Pronto. 😉
Otherwise, we are more than happy to have a fast, positive, self-help-obsessed writer who always meets deadlines and laughs at our perpetual jokes. Hopefully, writing them in the content along the way.
- You’re an A-player: You’re brilliant, have great social skills, and you can translate brilliant ideas into something slightly more sophisticated, concise, and organized.
- You love personal development and pride yourself in doing exceptional work in every area of your life.
- You’re a finisher – This is essential, because Bonnie is a highly creative “starter” with 10,000 incredible ideas and needs someone like you — who gets uncomfortable when tasks aren’t done— to ensure complete one piece at a time.
- You use clear simple language – That anyone can understand.
- You’re concise – Because let’s face it. Bonnie isn’t. 😉
- You’re fast – Great with time-management and would NEVER miss a deadline.
- You ask great questions – on how the piece should be organized, asking whether something feels tangential to the piece.
- You’re a master at ghostwriting – You often joke about being able to “channel” your clients voices eerily well.
- You’re incredibly positive: Sometimes people say that you are almost “annoyingly positive” and you’re ok with that. 😉 You are very easy to work with.
- You adore writing! – This is your calling in life.
- Big Bonus if you love human psychology, are funny and yet exceptionally positive, or if you love online marketing and personal-development as much as we do.
COMEDY BACKGROUND: (Optional)
- You’re a nice person: You’re a great fit for this is if your tone is witty, clever, and playful but less so, if your humor is mean-spirited or for mature audiences only. Think Daytime TV vs. The Late Late Show. 🙂
- Bonus If… You’re hilarious: Everyone gets gifts in life. And if your gift is that you can make people fall on the floor laughing, and pee themselves that’s even better. 🙂
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Take notes on phone calls – Most of the time, you will have phone calls with Bonnie and you’ll take a ton of notes on the call and then from those notes you’ll create various pieces of content after the call ends!
- Occasionally – You’ll edit transcripts of Bonnie talking and pull from research to write content.
- Crafting Online Biz Courses – Creating content for our online course, as well as building out and reworking existing content.
- Writing Webinar & Video Scripts – Developing scripts for webinars and Facebook ads
- Making Inspiring Worksheets – Creating worksheets that are interesting and engaging or our students.
In an ideal reality where the Universe adores Bonnie:
- Creating Funny Webisodes – Your job will be to help me craft “Internet marketing that doesn’t suck” and “Self improvement that actually works” a web series where we take tech topics and make them fun and amusing. (If you like making fun of personal development – this might work for you.)
- And more…
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT THIS ROLE:
- You’ll get paid to do what you love. With incredible people. What could be better?
- You’ll laugh on a daily basis – Bonnie is funny + uber positive. She secretly fears if she’s not entertaining people no one will love her. 😉 She’ll try to make you laugh every day, and you’ll keep her on task.
- You’ll learn non-stop – You’ll gush over how much you’re learning in terms in this position — when you work in online education — it’s your job to learn cutting-edge skills. Pretty badass if you ask me.
- You’ll be part of an incredible team – We’re firm believers in the power of kindness in the workplace and are dedicated to uplifting, supporting and growing every person on our team while we get incredible results.
- You’ll help change lives – You’ll read thank you notes from customers who write about what their lives were like before and after being exposed to the material that we create, and you’ll get a HUGE glow in knowing you were key executor in them receiving that material.
Hours: Between 10 – 20 hours a week generally;
Terms: Long-term contract position – Our last writer is an incredible person and stayed with us for almost 2 years. She’s now started her own business (in part due to all the awesomeness she learned with us!) And while we miss her, we’d love to find someone equally amazing who we can love just as much and work & grow with in the years to come.